Tuesday 29 July 2014

WIGGLE - since when does this look like this....!!

Damn you wiggle, only 3 items to get and 2 were from you, and 1 was wrong of course.  Seeing as I ditched the idea of a SRAM Type 2/Grip Shift setup, I'd ordered a hope shifter mount clamp for the Formula RX brakes.  Only needing 1 of course (this is a 1 x 10 setup) and 1 shifter (SLX I Spec shifter @ £20 odd can't be bad), ordered, delivered, Arghhhh.  Not compatible with the shifter, or the clamp, whichever way, it's more of a delay now.  Ordered again just now, it'll probably arrive before the weekend, hopefully.

What I wanted...

And what I got!!


A bit of good news though, weighed the bike as it stands at the moment (only things missing, chain, shifter and chainring).  Comes in at a respectable 9kg (without pedals) and that's with a healthy amount of Stans in each of the Specialized Fast Track tyres (which aren't lightweight at around 1200gms for the pair (29" x 2.25")).  Maybe get my hands on some seriously light Racing Ralphs and get a sub 9kg HT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment